Thursday, May 20, 2010

She's at it again

Thought of the day... “Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella.” -Terri Guillemets

Mother Nature is at it again... Look at a what 16 minutes difference meant this morning...

Check out this rapid temperature drop...

Picture4-2010-05-20-09-53.png

These are SOOC* (except for cropping to get them to be close to same frame)...

8:41 AM - the streaks is sleet/mini-hail and rain

IMG_1863-2010-05-20-09-53.jpg

8:57AM

IMG_1871-2010-05-20-09-53.jpg

Today’s quote is right ... there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella -- and keep winter clothes on hand

*SOOC = Straight Out of Camera

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure an umbrella would hold up to hail though.... just a thought :). but I love the quote, unfortunately I should tell myself that ALL the time!

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Temp got up to about 55 and then plummeted again with rain and dark icky skies. Today's weather stinks... good thing I'm indoors. :)

Anonymous said...

Other than Tuesday this is the first day in a week it hasn't rained at some point.

Which is good b/c I'm taking some photos for a friend of mine who is getting married. Long story but her photographer quit 3 weeks before the wedding and so she refuses to use any of the engagement photos so she asked if I'd do some for her. Yey :)

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Good that it's drying out back there. (I saw your post - nice there's sun in there).

Anonymous said...

Yeah now I can steal my mom & dad's mower and finish mowing our yard. Ours broke Tuesday night :(

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Wow, bummer on the broken one. Maybe you'll get a new one as a housewarming present.

Related Posts with Thumbnails