Thursday, May 27, 2010

Celebrating 100 years

Thought of the day... Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. Author Unknown

100 years ago today my beloved Grandma was born.

00090202-2010-05-27-12-17.jpg

Although we lost her physical presence in 2003... she is still with us....

I often think of her and can still smell Thanksgiving Dinner... ohhhh... she made the BEST bread pudding!

Grandma, you blessed me with your wisdom and care and compassion... You will forever be in my heart!

I LOVE YOU, Grandma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's extremely sweet! I lost my grandma on 9/11/07 and to this day I can still hear her call and leave me messages on the answering machine but I'm losing the sound of her voice more and more and it makes me sad. Actually my fiance and I chose to get married on what was my grandparents wedding anniversary!

Sorry probably tmi

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

That is so awesome. What a wonderful way to honor them.

I know what you mean about the sound... my aunt sounds a lot like Grandma (and looks similar now), but I don't see her (she too is in the midwest).

Anonymous said...

What a lovely memorial. Meaningful - even here a week past. :-)

Funny, I've been thinking that her youngest is looking more and more like her every day - even to building a new little house and to taking on life as a farmer's wife in her retirement.

I love you,
Mama

Related Posts with Thumbnails