Monday, July 19, 2010

Thinking of Grandma B

Thought of the Day...Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~Marcy DeMaree

If you’ve read my CSA posts, you know we’ve received quite a bit of cabbage over the last four weeks... one each week. All this cabbage makes me think of two things... my Grandma B and coleslaw.

Today I’m going to talk about the former...

Grandma B knew I didn’t like cooked cabbage, so she introduced me to a cabbage wedge sprinkled with a bit of salt. Just about every summer dinner at Grandma B’s included a fresh cabbage wedge...

...fond memories....

Eventually, I migrated to Lawry’s Seasoning Salt...

IMG_2724-2010-07-19-13-47.jpg

...YUMMMMMMM!!

P.S. Come back tomorrow for the coleslaw recipe. :)

4 comments:

RS said...

When did you become such a tease?! ;)

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

I learned from the best. ;)

RS said...

Yes.....next lesson will be on timing..... ;)

Anonymous said...

oooo now my sweetheart makes the best smoked cabbage. It's cabbage and butter and seasoned salt and he smokes it.... how can you go wrong!

Related Posts with Thumbnails