Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nervous Wreck, Part 2

Thought of the Day...Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. ~Author Unknown

As you may recall from my Nervous Wreck post, I was a bit stressed on Sunday. It was the State playoffs for The Offspring’s travel softball team. Needless-to-say, things went better than expected. :)

The girls have struggled in several games this summer and State is, as you can expect, an extremely important tournament. The winner qualifies for Nationals. As much as I would love to tell you that our girls won, we didn’t, but you know that is OK.

OK? you ask. Yep, OK. The girls had three extremely important victories last weekend...

It was a double elimination tournament... meaning that as soon as you loose two games you’re out of the tournament. Well, Friday the girls won both their games... meaning they didn’t get eliminated on their first day. As a mom, I find this the first important victory.

The next stop... Saturday... If they won their first game they were given the rest of the day off.... if they lost they had several games on Saturday ... all while knowing the next loss was their ticket home...

...They won their Saturday game! (You probably figured that out.... especially since in hind sight you realize I wrote about being a nervous wreck.)

...Sunday... ohhhhhh... the stress....

...The girls made it to the quarterfinals... (oooops... forgot I told you that on Sunday)... If they won... WOW... if they lost... we played The Offspring’s team from last year (actually, the team she’d been on for six years...

...To be continued...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the clincher.... I have goosebumps just waiting.... :)

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Nicole, I took a page out of your book... decided to drag the story out a bit... ;)

Albeit not a year-long story, but just a weekend. ;)

Anonymous said...

haha, it's all good! The Fiance and I plan on once I get it all written out pulling the posts, adding the photos I have that correlate and doing a blurb book so we'll always have it. I've been racking my brain staring at calendars trying to get dates, I just love having it before I completely forget. Maybe make it a year long ritual to read on our anniversary or something :)

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Putting together a book and reading it on your anniversary is a really cool idea. You could save your cake top and some napkins, too. Then have your own mini ceremony as you watch the wedding/reception video. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah we've actually decided (he tells me he can) to make a video that is going to be played for the family the night of rehearsal. It has the slideshows I've done (b/c they'll all be so busy the day of to watch) and we are having me and him tell the story of the proposal, and the video of that and whatever else we think of... we're crazy, :)

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Man, I wish I lived closer... I'd love to see it. (side note, may I write you a private email?) Your email address is included when I receive your comment

Anonymous said...

absolutely fine

Stef at Too Much To Do So Little Time.com said...

Nicole, sent you the email. Sorry for the delay.

Related Posts with Thumbnails